Wednesday, November 05, 2014

IT’S THAT OLD
SIGN ON THE CROSS
THAT WORRIES ME

Somewhere around 1980 I came across a book by Paul Cable, Bob Dylan: The Unreleased Recordings. Lots of fascinating material therein, a lot of which has become, over the decades, way outdated. I think this is where I first read about today’s song, “Sign on the Cross.” It would be another fifteen years or so before I actually heard it via an unofficial release. So I was enticed by the possibilities long before the song itself was able to have its effect on me. Now that it’s finally officially available I thought I would post it for those who maybe haven’t heard it yet. Still pretty affecting, to me, with its seeming mix of passion and facetiousness. Anyway, one of my Dylan favorites still. Hope you 
like it.



Bob Dylan • Sign on the Cross • 1967

No comments:

Post a Comment